Childhood Caries Prevention Training for Clinics
This training is a foundation for a clinic establishing a Childhood Caries Prevention Program and includes training on the application of fluoride varnish.
The training takes approximately 1 hour, including the portion on fluoride varnish training. There are three parts to the Childhood Caries Prevention Training.
Part 1: Watch the 16 minute video.
Part 2: Read the designated articles.
Part 3: Complete the online quiz.
The Childhood Caries Prevention Training objectives include:
- Health care provider's role in preventive dental care for children
- Epidemiology of dental caries and high risk populations
- Cost of untreated dental infections to the healthcare system
- Components of Childhood Caries Prevention
- Basic clinic process for Childhood Caries Prevention
- Anticipatory Guidance for EPSDT (Child and Teen Checkups)
- Fluoride Varnish Training
- Application technique
Nursing CEUs: This program was designed for nurses licensed by the Minnesota Board of Nursing for 1 CEU. When you complete the quiz in Part 3, you will receive access to the forms you will need to keep for your records.
Keep a copy of our CEU document and the email you receive on the quiz. The email shows your name, the date you participated in our program, and the required elements to save for your records.