Training Program for Clinics
There are three parts to the Minnesota Oral Health Training Program. The training program takes approximately 1 hour, including application of fluoride varnish.
Part 1 is to watch the 16 minute video.
Part 2 is to read the designated articles.
Part 3 is to complete the online quiz.
This training objectives include:
- The health care provider's role in preventive dental care for children
- The epidemiology of dental caries and high risk populations
- The cost of untreated dental infections to the healthcare system
- The components of Childhood Caries Prevention
- The basic clinic process for Childhood Caries Prevention
- Anticipatory Guidance for EPSDT (Child and Teen Checkups)
- Fluoride varnish technique
- Fluoride varnish aftercare
Nursing CEUs: This program was designed for nurses licensed by the Minnesota Board of Nursing for 1 CEU. When you complete the quiz in Part 3, you will receive access to the forms you will need to keep for your records.
Keep a copy of our CEU document and the email you receive on the quiz. The email shows your name, the date you participated in our program, and the required elements to save for your records.